Dearborn Students who will be in grades 6-12 in the Fall are invited to sign up for our FREE Summer Career Exploration program at MBCC.
Parents and Students can click this link to enroll: https://forms.gle/P7xDfaByESnPPJwu8
Purpose: To allow Dearborn Public schools students who will be in grades 6 through 12 in the fall of 2022 to explore the various Career programs offered at MBCC through a free Summer Career Exploration Seminar.
Structure: This five-week, four day per week (Monday-Thursday) program will run Monday, June 27 to Thursday, July 28, 2022 and allow students to participate in a short, daily Student Leadership Seminar as well as rotate through up to five (5) different career programs for a one-week, hands-on enrichment/exploration lesson.
There will be a morning and afternoon session (see schedule below). Students may take either session or both sessions. Activities each day will include some/all of the following:
- Daily joint session with a focus on developing student leadership and team building skills.
- Breakout sessions offering hands-on, lab experiences offered by a variety of our CTE instructors in:
- Health Careers (Medical Assisting, Dental, Sports Medicine, Nutrition, EMT, Anatomy, etc.)
- Digital Media and Design (Digital Art, Product Design, Game Design, Graphics, etc.)
- Information Technology (Programming, 3D Printing, Robotics, etc.)
- Hospitality and Tourism (Culinary Arts, Baking, Event Planning, Catering, etc.)
- Business Academy (Personal Finance, Investing, Banking, Career Skills, etc.)
- Other Content Areas (Subject to change) – Criminal Justice, Construction, Auto, etc.
- Guest Speakers and Presentations
- Career Skills Fairs
- Student Competition and Club activities
Credit: Students may earn up to 0.5 credits for each session by meeting the attendance/participation requirements established by the district. Students are graded credit/no credit only
Students will take a pre/post test in Career Seminar (Precision Exams) and may receive a Certificate of Achievement in Student Leadership Skills with a passing score on the post test (approximately 72%). There will be a different certificate awarded for each session, so students may qualify for both.
7:30 – 8:00am Teacher Planning Time / Breakfast for students
8:00 – 8:30am AM Career Seminar – College and Career Readiness
8:30am -10:30am Weekly CTE Program Breakout Session(s) and other Events
10:30am – 11:00am LUNCH
11:00am -11:30am PM Career Seminar – Student Leadership Skills
11:30am – 1:30pm Weekly CTE Program Breakout Session(s) and other Events